Wednesday, February 27, 2013

1st in the Series ''Life on the Rock''

Below is the first of a series of ''movies'' I am planning to make called ''Life on the Rock''. This one is centred around the two main water sports I like to photograph - hence the sub title ''The Wet Side''. Having done this I now realise that there are quite alot of other areas of 'the wet side' I would like to film, so there will  be more parts in the future to this section of the wonderful life one can live on this small Archipelego.

''Music is my First Love'' by John Miles is one of my all time favourites and treated the editing as a bit of a choreography.


The editing - well I cannot say I'm totally happy with it cos I am not, but it is the best I have done so far. I have used footage and photos which I have gathered over the past few years and during that time cameras have changed, been updated and improved etc so there is a distinct difference in quality in various clips. The clips with effects are the ones I have tried to salvage. The timings are out in some places and have been unable to correct them since the frames have been freezing over and over again. I think that is to do with having to edit footage etc from different cameras so the settings are never the same on the editing programme. Any advice on this from any comp geeks out there would be gratefully received.

Comments are always very welcome - good or bad - I can take the criticism! Infact I look forward to it as right now my focus is to improve both my photography and editing skills. Good instructional website links would also be gratefully received.


Life on the Rock - ''The Wet Side'' from Bunty Cachia on Vimeo.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails