Which School Bus Would You Rather Be On?

A school bus in Japan?



A school bus in India?








I received this email depicting the luxury and ultra progressive outlook on the Japanese regarding school transport - pic 1 above. Underneath was a comparison to the very primitive mode of school transport for kids in India - pic 2.

I take these emails with a pinch of salt cos they tend to be doctored so much to suit whatever anybody wants to pass around the emailing world. That's besides the point though.........what I am looking at is which mode of transport would YOU prefer?

Personally I would opt for the India school bus. My reasons:

a. A much more exciting ride for a young kids who, generally, only look at the fun side of such a situation.

b. A kid who has to travel to school like that each day is bound to appreciate the smaller things in life (can you imagine the 21st century sci-fi kid who has it all appreciating anything less?)

c. The creative imagination, in my humble opinion, gets much more inspiration from a noisy, cramped, bumpy ride to school than a smooth trip in a luxurious airconditioned coach staring at a computer screen which you will be staring at for the entire day until the time you crawl into bed that evening. (Phew that's a long sentence). There surely cannot be anything to stimulate our 'little grey cells' (in the words of our dear Hercule Poirot) in the cold comunication with our computer screens and constant tapping of our nimble fingers on a keyboard!

The above are my thoughts alone. I have been influenced by nobody to write this blog today...................................................and having said all that - what did actually make me write all the above? Well, 21st century technology ofcourse!

I'm rambling now........................................










Comments