Thursday, May 20, 2010

At Last! My First Sequence Shot in One Frame!!

Godfrey last January at 'Torri'



At last at last at last! I have been trying to find a simple way to form sequence shots into one frame. I have asked around, spoken to loads of people (most of whom had no idea) and it always ended up with using Photoshop which I don't have and also sounds very complicated. After finally giving myself a deadline that I have to get the better of this I did more and more browsing and came across a video demo how to do it by just using a simple Paint ship programme. Why can't more people be so simple?? This guy did a really good job of explaining the whole procedure........for me to understand it then it really must be simple. There was still quite alot of swearing, huffing and puffing etc etc until I actually mastered it but that was mainly down to not having the right pictures for a sequence. So I have also learned something else about my approach to how to take my sequence shots when shooting. The video demo is Pinkbike and I downloaded Paint.net cos my paint programme was not sufficient enough.

After searching thru my photo library I came up with a sequence of pics I thought would work cos the kiter moved to a different position in each frame and it DID work and the result is above! The main problem I had was that from where I was shooting there was not a sufficient amount of distance between each move to fit the new figure in and as backgrounds etc have to be matched it did not work out. I also tried a wave riding sequence but that proved to be even more difficult since the breaking wave in each frame was obviously different to the previous frame.

Hopefully I will now improve on it and learn some tricks on touching up the pic once it is ready etc.

9 comments:

Brian S said...

Thanks Bunty. I wanted to do something like that, but with video. I thought it was called "stitching", but haven't been able to figure out how to do it.
Brian

Bunty said...

I have seen 'Stitching' in one of the drop down windows but don't know what it is. Now I am getting confident with the sequence shot I will try and find out what all the other things are. Not quite sure what you are after with video, but in my blog insert before this one I put a number of shots together on Movie Maker leaving just 1 second between each frame to get it to come out as a sequence shot. You can see it below.

Brian S said...

I've seen this, but it's hard to explain. Let's say you have a video of a freestyle move, or even just a jibe. In the same frame, you can have replicates of the person at phased points in the move so that it looks like the same person is following him/herself.

I think stitching is what one does to make single panorama out of several shots.

BTW, I have friends in Malta, but I've only had the opportunity to visit once.

Bunty said...

OK I know what you mean now. Reading that has now made me want to find out how to do it. If I find out anything I will let you know - and if you find out how to do it please let me know!

Bunty said...

OK I know what you mean now. Reading that has now made me want to find out how to do it. If I find out anything I will let you know - and if you find out how to do it please let me know!

Brian S said...

Yeah, will do. If I can find out where I saw it, I'll also forward the link. Thanks Bunty.
brian

PeconicPuffin said...

That is a nice effect! Meanwhile what the heck are you doing kiting?

:)

Bunty said...

Well Puffy I have got pretty sick of seeing all these guys having so much radical fun in marginal winds (which we seem to get most of the time now)so my motto is ''If you can't beat them join them!'' I am still very much at the beginner stage though, I have flown the big kite twice and now will try the board out next time.

Joe said...

Darth Bunt?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails