Got Wet

Well at least I got wet and got some very mediocre windsurfing in. Went down Monday afternoon very briefly in the Comino Channel with Chris and Tommy. Just a few runs though. Once I packed up I passed the 'slipway' and saw some guys out surfing so thought I would rig up again (at 5pm) and I had an enjoyable 45 minutes or so in gusty westerly conditions. At least I was windsurfing........I was determined to have some fun no matter what the conditions were like and I did! With the water so warm (still around 25C) it's great to be out . Ofcourse the wind blew like crazy during the night (as usual!) and was meant to filter out in the morning. Was busy in the morning but when I got back home and saw the wind still blowing thought I would try my luck anyway. Got to Ghallis asap had to rerig to bigger sail before even getting into the water - and also go for a higher volume board. Got in the water and someone turned the wind switch off! Did half a reach out and decided this is not a good idea unless I want a long swim back. I made the right decision. Good forecast for tomorrow as long as the rain doesn't kill the wind.



Comments

PeconicPuffin said…
As a famous windsurfing instructor in the U.S. says: Every day sailing is a great day sailing!

Hopefully your next day will be even better...
meachen said…
Monday did another 2hrs at white tower windsurfing. wind was stronger there for some reason
Mo's Spot said…
Glad you made it!----As for Joe's River Swale, yes it really is magical. He and John used to swim there, and they had an old boat. Just another world!Still beautiful, but now a popular tourist spot wih lots of activities.You would love the hikes in the hills and dales! We should go there some day. No windsurfing though!
Bunty said…
Tom it kind of funnels in at the White Tower I think - but it is just sooo narrow. You have to gybe as soon as you get planing.