At Last An Afternoon Getting Wet!

After having had the local 'bug' that's been going around finally got some time on the water this afternoon and I enjoyed every second of it. Wind was gusty and playing around between west and south west but went down to Ghallis all the same in spite of there being no waves. Sailed out between the island and further out you could catch the wind ok. Used my Synchro 86L with the 5m sail. It was great being on the water - one with the natural elements! The weather was great with just scattered cloud, warm and sea doesn't feel cold at all at around 15C - air temp today must have been about 17C.

I strapped my GoPro to my boom and although there is really nothing on it what I did really like is looking at the sea sailing out through the island. The water is really clear and you can see the shallow bottom very clearly. Once I have downloaded it and sorted it out I will put a tiny clip up just to see the sea. We are so lucky here to have such lovely sea, and obviously at this time of year it is crystal clear.


Comments

Simon said…
Niiiice!!! Very jealous!!
Joe said…
Lucky, fortunate, damn it!

WORDS oF ENCOURAGEMENT: "I encourage you to sail every moment that you can!" ;)
Bunty said…
You know Sim, the best thing about yesterday was just enjoying being out there and appreciating what we have here in Malta. We are so lucky with the sea we have and when I saw some of the boring footage I took on my GoPro it brought out just how lovely the water was yesterday. No wonder I was so happy to be out there - conditions nothing special at all but loved every minute of it!
Bunty said…
Thanks Horsey you are so encouraging! He he!