Looking upriver on the Nolichuky
There is nothing more boring than reading about someone's personal summer holiday - so will spare all the details and just put some stuff in note form! I have made out a route map which can be accessed on this link http://www.travelblog.org/gmaps/map_7Kt.html .
In total 3,700 miles was the mileage clocked from my arrival to my leaving at Detroit airport.
1. Arrived and day spent fishing (caught some nice Bass) and relaxing on the lake at my cousins house.
2. 12 hour drive down towards Asheville in North Carolina.
3. Day touring Biltmore Estate.
4. White Water rafting down the Nolichuky river (great fun!) then a 5 hour drive to Charleston, South Carolina.
5. Few days in Charleston sight seeing and also went crabbing which was great fun - especially eating it for supper!
6. 17 hour drive back up to Battle Creek, Michigan..................uuuuh! That was a marathon!
7. No time to rest and following day 8/9 hour drive up to Rice Lake in Wisconisn.
8. Few days there and went tubing down a river and saw 3 or 4 Bald Eagles close up which was a great experience.
9. Drove back................the long way! Via North of Lake Michigan to cross the Macanaw Bridge and then down to Battle Creek.
10 Last day on lake at the house and went fishing again - some time to relax at last!
And that was my trip! Appalchian mountains were very picturesque with some lovely views. Had lots of great laughs and a few stories to tell.
Plan to produce a slide show of some of my more interesting shots. All taken with the ProHero Action digital camera. Basic photos but great when you are in or on the water. Very happy I bought it, but need to get used to using the video part. So looking forward to experimenting when we get some wind.