Back on the Water and Back to Blogging

I have been a bit lazy with my blog over the past week - one of the reasons is I like to add a picture to my entries but right now don't have any new ones to add. So this is minus pic.

Well what has happened? Last Saturday went out down at Ghallis which was great cos I haven't been down there for months - at last got a sail in. Wind wasn't terrific - rigged a 6m with the Skate. I would have been more comfortable with a 5.5m but I was enjoying it even though I felt the sail to be enormous. Not used to using such a big sail. After a short while Steve waves me down and says that Chris was stuck outside with a broken mast. Our worst nightmare down at Ghallis being stuck on the outside with broken equipment - open sea with the wind taking you down the coast. Usually a very big swell out there, but since the wind wasn't that great it was just bumpy - but still took a while before finding Chris! Anyhow, we all worked together as a team taking various parts of his gear in with us while Kenneth towed him (very quickly) to the bay round the corner. It was very lucky that I had listned to Anton's 'words of wisdom' and took a spare piece of rope out with me - I also borrowed an uphaul (wind being a bit iffy) from Austin, so I was able to tie Chris' sail to the leeward side of my board really securely and had no problems sailing in with it.

Lesson Learned: ALWAYS CARRY A SPARE PIECE OF ROPE (SOMETIMES NOT EASY TO GET YOUR DOWNHAUL OFF THE EXTENSION) AND ALWAYS CARRY AN UPHAUL WITH YOU (SOMETHING I NEVER DO AND WILL DO SO FROM NOW ON)!

The other bummer that happened Saturday was I stepped on a sea urchin between the island - such a stupid thing to do! Still have a couple of spikes stuck deep inside.

Then Sunday had a quick sail here in the bay. Wind was west and used 5m and 86L board. Didn't sail long - tacks were crap, gybes were ok (my Mistral pro edition a bit too fast for me there on the gybes! Gets a bit out of control sometimes!!)

Had quite a busy week - season is starting for me now with clients arriving each week, but today I am free and its windy. South west so I am going down in the bay for some flat water blasting and general fun.

OK time to go cos messages are coming in fast wanting to know where and what time will be down. So time to go load up my car.

Comments