Restoration of a Classic Boat


I came across the restoration of the above boat Aphrodite on the following blog:
http://messingaboutinboats.typepad.com/sailing/2007/09/the-restoration.html

It gives a brief history of the boat and restoration work carried out on it.
I think she is a 'Beauty'. I have a particular interest in restoration of any sort really, but it has always been an ambition of mine to restore a classic wooden boat dating back to the 30's or around that era. Whether that ambition will materialise or not remains to be seen! The above link gives very interesting reading - even to those who are not really interested in motor boats.

Comments

perrydegener said…
Advice for your first restoration: start with a small boat.
Hey Perry,

I came across your blog and wanted to send you a comment. I own a website of my own boatcarpet.com. I am in the process of getting my name around on different blogs. If you were willing to post a link to us on your blog we would like to offer you a discount in the future if you ever need to purchase marine carpet while redoing your boat. Anyway we hope to hear from you and good job on the blog content.