Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Views from the Upper Barrakka Gardens - Valletta, Malta

Yesterday morning I had to pop into Valletta. So took the opportunity and made sure my camera came with me and made a quick visit to the Upper Barrakka Gardens. The view over the Grand Harbour from there must be one of the most unique harbour views in the world. No matter how many times I have been there, in all the 51 years of  my life, I come away thinking how lucky I am to live in a country seeped in so much history and culture.



Click on pictures to enlarge


Looking out towards the breakwater of the harbour entrance




Fort St. Angelo with the Grand Harbour Marina on the right and Kalkara creek on the left




Looking out towards the dockyards over the Saluting Battery. There is still a NOON DAY GUN let off every day at the site above.


One of the impressive super yachts going out of the harbour. 



Tranquil surroundings of the gardens


The pretty 'Gabbana' open for drinks and snacks


Close by the Upper Barrakka Gardens is Auberge de Castille above. This is the office of the Prime Minister and one of the most beautiful buildings in Malta. The facade is presently being renovated - most of it is now ready.




Auberge de Castille, Valletta



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails